Philip J. Dean
Philip J. Dean joined the Curwood Law Firm as an Associate in 2013. Philip’s practice includes advising and representing employees in all types of employment related matters including unpaid overtime and misclassification under the FLSA, discrimination, harassment, retaliation, and public employee grievances.
Originally from Galax, Virginia, Philip graduated from the University of Richmond School of Law in 2013. While in law school, Philip worked in the Senate of Virginia, and for one summer worked in the UK Parliament. At graduation, Philip won the 2013 BNA Award for Excellence in the Study of Labor and Employment Law. Prior to law school, Philip worked for several years in the financial industry. Philip received his B.A. (History), magna cum laude, from Virginia Commonwealth University.
- University of Richmond School of Law, J.D., 2013
- Virginia Commonwealth University, magna cum laude, B.A. (History), 2005
- Virginia, 2013
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Virginia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit